Wednesday, July 14, 2010

...Anvil: The Story of Anvil (movie)

Note: I wrote this entry roughly 2 months ago, but never posted it.  This is due to the negativity towards the end of this entry.  To me, it's just to easy to be negative.  To me....extremely easy.  However, I haven't posted anything in the past two weeks.  So, there you go.

1. You can snort beer.
Are you kidding me? This has nothing to do with the quality of the movie.  In a throw away scene, it shows a fan of Anvil at one of their shows SNORTING BEER.  What in the world?


2.  Some dreams do not come true.
Who has heard of Anvil?  I cannot remember where I heard about this film, but it was thrown up on my netflix queue.  This is a documentary about the supposedly biggest metal band in the early eighties that just didn't make it.  Shoot, Lars Ulrich (of freakin METALLICA) says on camera that ANVIL kicked @ss and most metal bands in that era basically ripped them off.  However, all the metal bands except ANVIL got paid and sold millions of records.

The documentary takes place in 2007.   Not 1984.  These crazy Canadians are still playing shows.  The lead singer is a driver for a company delivering food to schools.  The drummer is working construction.  Still trying to "make it."  23 years later?!?! So wild.  The lead singer's 50th birthday was part of this documentary. A show for 20 drunk people.  Wow.  Still trying to make their dream come true.

Hey, look.....a quote about perseverance found by Google searching "quote on perserverance."  Yep.  I misspelled it.  And Google corrected it for me.  You smug bastard!!!

The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground.
-Author Unknown

I do not want to be negative.  It is just too easy to be negative. I believe you should follow your dreams, but maybe that just is not in the cards.   After 23 years, maybe it's time to hang things up.  I will end this entry on another quote.

The deadest oak was once a little nut just like the greatest oak.
-Martin Roy

No comments: