Thursday, July 15, 2010

Craigslist

1. It attracts idiots.
Oh, Craigslist.  Why do the idiots flock to you?  Probably because putting up an ad is free.  To be fair, I have bought a few things through Craigslist and had no problems.  Mostly video games.  Good place to pick up used games for cheap.

Here is a screen grab of my current ad.


For those of you not catching on....I am selling DJ HERO for the Xbox 360 for $60.  Just wanted to clear this up.  NOW!!!  Here is an actual email conversation I had with a potential buyer.  I will use his email handle "trejos_revenge."  His emails will be in BOLD.  My thoughts will be in ITALICS.  My actual emails will be in regular.  Enjoy.

trejos_revenge: Yo I want the dj hero how much
What I should of said, "Uhhhhhh. It says $60 in the title.  So, I will sell it to you for $80."
Me (what I actually said):  Sorry for responding so late.  I was on vacation and didn't have internet access.  I am selling my DJ Hero: Renegade Edition for the Xbox 360 for $60.  Are you still interested?

trejos_revenge: Hell ya I want dj hero can u send me pics

Me (what I actually said): Yeah I can send them tonight.  Its in great shape.  No scratches on turntable, disc or stand/carrying case.

trejos_revenge: Ok sound good I be waiting
For some reason, when I read this, that damned Black Eyed Peas song "Imma Be" popped into my head. Damn you, trejos_revenge!

Me (what I actually said): Hey man,
I didn't take the pictures last night.  If you are waiting for pics, you will have to wait until tonight.  However, I am getting more offers on this game the past few days...

trejos_revenge: Well if u are frying deal give it to someone else I can find something batter
Do iPhones not have a period button?  And I will give him a pass on spelling "better." He may of just hit the wrong key in haste.

Me: I am just saying that while you are waiting for pictures, other people are asking about it.  If you want to meet up in person you can see the merchandise yourself.  If you are willing to pay $60 for it and want it in almost new condition....that is what I am selling.  Pictures are just delaying this process.  That is all I was saying.

trejos_revenge:  Naw am good now u can sell it I found a batter deal
I take that back.  He doesn't know how to spell "better."

trejos_revenge: Thanks anyways

Me (what I actually said): Rawk on that wuz fast hope ur batter deal werks out
--END TRANSMISSION--

Sorry, I had to have the last stab.  My brain hurts.

No comments: