Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Grilling

1.  You can make desserts on the grill.
I am fairly new at grilling. I have roughly 2 years of experience. Over this time, I think I have created some pretty mean burgers and sliders.  I am so so on steaks.  Didn't grow up on steaks, so I don't ever crave them.  Unlike my South Dakota counterparts in the house.  Steaks...breakfast, brunch, lunch, linner and dinner!  No joke....my teeth hurt whenever I come back from a South Dakota vacation.  My teeth just are not conditioned for that kind of chewing.  Hell, I could chicken all day, though.   Off subject.

Two weeks ago, I found some dessert recipes for the grill.  Most of them were pretty fascinating.  I just never thought of the grill as an instrument to create something sweet.  Needless to say, this has opened the door to food heaven (or is it hell?).

So, here is my gift to you.  PLANKIES!

Line up some twinkies on a cedar plank. (So...you will need twinkies and a ceder plank)
Put some Nutella on those bad boys.  (you will need Nutella for this recipe)

Slap some crushed Oreos on top.  (you will need Oreos, too)

Sprinkle some mini-marshmellows and Heath Bar pieces on top  (you know what you need)

Now all you do is throw it on your grill for 15 minutes on medium-low heat.  BOOM!

Pretty good stuff.  The cedar plank is a pretty cool addition to the twinkies.  I would definitely recommend this for a weekend BBQ party.  Great change of pace.

I am done for the night.  We are heading up to South Dakota in the morning.  And yes, I have been doing teeth exercises the past few weeks.  You can see the teeth marks I have put in our only tree.  Gotta gnaw on something...

Parting shot. Check out my use of the MACRO focus on my old @ss camera!  MMMMMMmmmmmm.

1 comment:

Misty Straley said...

Oh my goodness gracious...that looks yummy but I would hate to know the fat content and calorie count...and I really don't worry about those things!