Monday, November 1, 2010

Vehicles.

1.  They do not work properly when a person is not driving them.
Sorry, it has been awhile.  Busy...busy...busy.  Blah-blah-blah.  I know.  Everyone is busy.  Just man up, Martin...and entertain your 3 readers on a more regular basis!!!  Ok.  I will.  STORY TIME!!!!

So, this morning started out like any other morning...except that this is my first morning of my 30s.  I know.  I do look quite young.  Back to the story.  Got ready and dressed for work.  Loaded H-Dogg into the car and started the drive over to daycare.  This is usually the time where I introduce the latest and greatest in music to Henry.  Today, it was The Budos Band.  Look them up.  They rock.

Driving down this road, I come up to a red light.  My car is second from the front.  What I see next totally catches me off guard.  On the road that crosses the street I am on....a regular looking Ford or Chevy pickup truck drives by extremely, excruciatingly slow.  Not only is it driving slow....but the hood of the truck in up.  I thought, that was odd.  Then, our light turns green.  So, I put that thought on the back burner.  However, the delivery truck in front of me is not going.  I think...."Go, man.  It's green!"  But obviously he sees something I didn't.  A few seconds later...I see it.  A middle aged hispanic woman is sprinting behind the slow moving pickup truck.  As the woman clears the intersection, the delivery truck starts driving and I follow.  As I am driving through the intersection a question pops in my head.  "How can you drive a truck when the hood is in the upright position?!?!?!!?"

Immediately, I look to the right to see the truck with its hood up hop the curb and .... SLAM INTO A TREE.  Martin, I don't get it?  Why did that person drive the car into a tree?  I will tell you why.  It is because there was NO ONE in that truck.  The woman that was chasing the truck "was" the driver!!!  But don't worry, she stopped running.  I guess she realized the truck wasn't going anywhere now.  Ridiculous.

P.S.  Here was the original lesson this post was going to start with: 1. Women can't drive.  Even though the statement is true...my story doesn't support that.  Maybe it should of been: 1. Women can't outrun slow moving trucks. 

No comments: