Saturday, August 14, 2010

Parenthood.

1. Time is flying by.
I cannot believe its been four months already.  So much has changed in these few short months.  Summer is almost over.  Cool weather is just around the corner.  Football season!  Oh yeah....and our little boy is getting bigger by the second.

Henry is now four months old.  He has grown nearly 5 inches and gained over 10 pounds in that time.  He can now stand with just the slightest help.  Henry is smiling at everything.  To make a long story short...he changes every day.  We think he is only days away from rolling over.

2.  There are not enough hours in the day.
When you think about the actual hours I get to see my son, it's kinda depressing.  When he wakes up in the morning, I usually scoop him up.  We get to hang out.  Make silly faces to each other.  Then, it's time to get ready for work.  After that, I grab Mr. Henry and we head to day care.  This past week was his first at day care.  It is roughly 2 miles from my work, which is nice.  So, we ride together listening to Mike and Mike in the Morning.  Drop him off.  Go to work until 5pm.  April gets off earlier, so she grabs Henry on the way home.  By the time I get home, it is 5:20pm.  That means I only have 100 more minutes before we get Henry ready for bed.  I guess this plays into the whole "time flies" saying.  To me, it is getting worse, too.  As each day passes, Henry is developing more of a personality.  I just want to be part of each special moment of his life.  I don't want to miss a thing.  Oh no.  Did I just quote an Aerosmith song?  Did I just quote an Aerosmith song from the movie Armageddon?  Damn.

No comments: