Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentine’s Day

1. I dropped the ball.
So, Valentine’s Day has come and gone. I’m not a fan on Valentine’s Day. VD seems quite forced to be “romantic.” This doesn't make sense to me. One aspect of “being romantic” is to be spontaneous, right? Anyway, I could spend an entire entry on this…but I will not. I want to write about what I have learned from THIS Valentine’s Day.

This year, VD showed up on Monday. After Ape and I got ready for work, we were standing in the kitchen. I said…

MARTIN
Happy Valentine’s Day, babe.

APRIL
Oh it is. Happy Valentine’s Day. You know, it would have
been nice if Hanky gave mommy a valentine.

It's funny how certain things totally do not register. When she said it…she was looking straight at me. This never crossed my mind. It’s okay for me not to buy something for Ape. However, it is not okay for Henry to NOT get something for mom.  I guess I should of probably prefaced the above dialogue.  Henry has been sick for roughly 5 weeks.  That would include 5 visits to the doctor.  Don't know if its just the changing of the temperature.  Or the new daycare he is attending.  Doesn't matter.  Just have to deal with it.  Hankster got a cold...and it wouldn't go away.  Then, he caught a respiratory virus that made him wheeze.  He got better.  Caught another cold...which in turn brought his wheezing back.  Basically what this all means is that Mom and Dad's energy levels are not at their peak.  But Henry always seems to be in a good mood.

So, lesson learned. All you new fathers or soon-to-be fathers...remember this.  Get a valentine for you wife and make it from you kid.....How about this for a late valentine????

No comments: