Monday, January 10, 2011

One Year Ago.

1.  How fast things change.
Oh no! Not another blog entry where Martin complains or just points out that time flies. Thanks, Captain Obvious! We got it. Time moves fast. Specially when you are busy doing things.

Hey, how did you read my mind?  It's the new year.  What do you expect?  This is the time of the year when everyone reflects.  Writers and critics fill out their obligatory best of (or some times worst of) lists.  Well, I won't do that....here.  It did get me thinking about this past year.  And I just wanted to look back and see what I was doing exactly one year ago.  And I found some pictures of it, too. 

On January 7th, 2010, I put together (with a little help from my bro-in-law) Henry's crib.  His room was empty.  That was the first thing in there.  The room had been converted from a study to a bedroom basically overnight.  Thanks to a super sales woman that happened to be carrying my unborn child.  
Two days later, on January 9th, my wife and I went to Lowe's and picked out the color of the back wall (you can see the color in the two pictures below) in Henry's room.  And when I say "my wife and I" I totally meant "my wife."  But that was understood, right?  Actually, back then ... we didn't have a name picked out.  He was referred to as The Hulk.  He earned this moniker because he was so active.  I could watch him move from one side of April's stomach to the other.  Elbows and hands and feet just contorting the outside of Ape's stomach  It was one of the wildest things I have ever witnessed.

 Fast forward to exactly one year later.  We have a nine month old son who can stand in his crib.  That is, if you stand and prop him up against the railing.  Yes, just like propping up a two by four against a wall.  Except this two by four smiles, has a ton of curly hair and poops like it's going out of style.



I like this photo.  You may say that Henry is out of focus.  Well, you would be right....but that is what I intended on.  His name in the background is the focus of his pic.  Oh, Martin you are so artsy!  Oh, you are too kind.  Actually, I just took a ton of different pictures...with different settings.  Aperture...shutter speed...ISO.  Once again ... the great thing about digital.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soon you be senting him away to College :) HA HA